Swimming Pool Alarms for Final Inspection
All home interior doors that open out to your yard and swimming pool will require to have a UL listed 2017 alarm installed. You will not be able to pass your final inspection without it.
Below you will find UL listed 2017 alarms with links to purchase online.
1) The alarm sound must last for 30 seconds or more and must trigger within seven seconds of the door / window opening
2) The alarm must be at minimum 85 dB from ten feet away
3) The alarm sound must be distinctly different from other alarms in the home such as smoke detectors
4) The alarm must automatically reset in all conditions
5) Any deactivation switch to allow adults to pass through the door should be mounted at minimum 54" above the ground
Sources gathered via Swimming Pool Steve and Inspector Information.
Need a pool house?
We're now working with Bean Home Investments in North Carolina! Benjamin Bean specializes in renovations, additions, decks, kitchens, and bathrooms.
Visit his website for more details!